Join us on October 17th (6-9 PM) for an evening of Professional Learning
MindFuel and RoboGarden are excited to present Computational Thinking & Coding in the classroom, a hands on learning experience.
Hosted at the Alastair Ross Technology Building this event is open to K-12 educators with an interest in developing computational thinking and computer programming skills to bring back to the classroom. Teachers will attend a presentation and split into groups grades K-7 and 8-12.
Limited tickets available.
i) MindFuel Presentation: Introduction & Computational Thinking (45 min)
- How and why Computational Thinking is becoming a priority in classrooms as curriculum begins to prioritize STEAM learning
- How Computational Thinking can contribute to student competency development in and out of the classroom
- Participate in a hands-on unplugged computational thinking activity that can be brought back to the classroom
Teachers will recieve valuable Computational Thinking Resources that they can implement immediately in their classroom.
ii) Demonstration of RoboGarden (45 min)
- How RoboGarden works
- How learners progress from the simplest to the most complex tasks
- How teachers can manage a classroom full of students using RoboGarden without needing to know anything about coding
- Prepare teachers to play RoboGarden for the second half of the evening
iii) Break (10-15 minutes)
iv) Play RoboGarden (70-80 minutes) Split into two groups.
- K-7 room – learn about coding foundations using part 1 of the RoboGarden program. This teaches the “basics” of coding including lexicon/vocabulary/structure/options/features/processes etc. This is done using the “Blockly” coding methodology.
*PLEASE NOTE: TEACHERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING LAPTOPS*
Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
Please RSVP via Eventbrite no later than October 11th to guarantee your spot. Seating is Limited
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.