CareersHelp spark inspiration
If you have a passion for innovation, achievement and creating world-changing learning experiences for students, we might need you.
It takes amazing people to do amazing things, so we are always looking for curious and imaginative people who share our passion for science and, most importantly, our passion for sharing it. We have a vibrant culture that thrives on collaboration and our commitment to creating world-class programs that inspire, entertain and educate.
Program Manager, edacity
The Program Manager, edacity is responsible for creating STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and innovation-based resources that support MindFuel’s mission to foster a passion for lifelong learning. The Program Manager is primarily responsible for delivering projects that are creative, innovative and unbiased – whether developed in-house or through external partnerships.
Who We Are:
MindFuel is a not-for-profit organization who believes that a single “aha!” moment can change a child’s life forever. Our programs encourage children, youth and families to embrace lifelong science and technology learning. We know that students who are engaged in scientific exploration and discovery will apply those skills throughout their education and into their post- secondary and career pathways, ultimately creating the next generation of great innovators.
- Designs and executes science-based programming for K-12 students
- Maintains awareness of new educational strategies and emerging technologies and their potential application on MindFuel projects
- Manages programming and delivery of extracurricular and camp programs
- Creates project charters, executes work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Procures services using MindFuel’s RFQ process
- Manages vendor contracts and the day-to-day operations
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimizes MindFuel exposure and risk on project
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Facilitates project meetings effectively and communicates relevant project information to leadership
- A degree in education with a science focus is preferred
- Minimum combined 5-years’ project management and teaching experience
- Passion for innovation, digital technology, educational design and use of social media applications
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written, editorial and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Excellent presentation skills and high comfort level speaking to students, educators and school administrators
Skills and Abilities
- A strong work ethic with a drive for results
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Appetite and passion for science and science literacy, innovation, learning, critical thinking, inspiring young minds and
- The capacity to create or catch a vision and ability to translate it into action
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility
- Tenacity, enthusiasm and commitment
MindFuel is a not-for-profit organization committed to hiring the best talent. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a one-of-a-kind organization.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and salary expectations via email to: Careers@MindFuel.ca