STEM Thought LeadershipWhat do you think about…?
Sharing our knowledge
“Facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.” English Oxford Living Dictionaries
Thank you for visiting our knowledge base. We are constantly studying STEM education topics that affect students, teachers and society. Our thirst for knowledge will never be quenched.
This is a collection of our research, white papers, essays and opinions.
Research in the field
With the world in a constant state of change, MindFuel continues to study current topics in STEM education to ensure its programs meet the needs of educators and students. Our findings help shape our programs, whether it be new content for Wonderville.org, topics for Ignition Pack or fields of study for edacity.
Here are our recent research papers:
- Building Pathways into STEM Innovation Futures for Indigenous Youth
MindFuel and Future Skills Centre Indigenous Pathways to STEM Innovation Overview and Impact Summary – Sept 2023
- A post-decade analysis re: the impacts of iGEM participation on youth, who were supported by MindFuel through the geekStarter/TFC program, and their post-secondary and career trajectories
MindFuel & GenomeAlberta Impact Study – June 2023
- Examining the use of a Personalized Learning Management System (PLMS) to increase student engagement in K-12 physics
Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA-ACEG18) Conference – June 2018
- Raging Skies: Development of a digital game-based science assessment using evidence-centered game design
Alberta Science Education Journal – April 2018
- Using a digital learning management system in pre-engineering classrooms
CDIO conference paper – May 2017
- An evaluation of a digital learning management system in high school physics classrooms
ASEE paper – June 2016
What do you think about… (insert topic here)?
At MindFuel, we share our knowledge, and that of partnering subject matter experts (SMEs), about topics that provoke thought, spur inspiration and cause action.
Please review these summaries of our 2023 study of 10-years of MindFuel driven, STEM youth innovation programs and our participants engagement and impact by iGEM.
10-year study of Alberta youth involvement in MindFuel and iGEM programs – Whitepaper
Here are some past thoughts on a wide range of education topics.
- The STEAM-powered classroom
- What is synthetic biology and why is it important?
- Where is EdTech heading?
- Connecting science classrooms to the world
- What does teaching STEM in the classroom look like?
- How to enrich the in classroom experience using entrepreneurial principles – From an expert
- The importance of ethics in science – From an expert